Note : These rules and regulations cover activity using or involving World Net services on IRC and Unix Shell Accounts.
Illegal Software & Controversial Material
World Net policy states that it does not believe in telling our users where they can, and cannot hang out. World Net believes that this judgement and parenting belongs in the home, and not at the corporate level, provided the following is observed :
- No illegal software is transferred or transmitted via World Net services.
- No illegal pornography or other controversial material is transferred or transmitted via World Net services.
Legal material of this nature are permitted providing that the account owner and user follow all applicible state and federal laws.
IRC Abuse Rules
The following activites are against World Net rules and regulations and are likely to result in account suspension or revocation :
- Channel Takeovers
- Running multiple processes inside your account
- Probing and Portscanning activity
- Causing KLines on server for abuse
- Running illegal bots or background process that are prohibited (BNC, Bounce, etc)
- Illegal TCL or offensive (agressive) attack scripts
Channel Politics & User Problems
Channel Politics involve some of the most deepest emotions. World Net does not believe in getting involved in channel politics because in almost all cases, it's impossible to determine 'who did what to whom'. Here are some guidelines that World Net Staff members following when resolving issues and taking action :
- We are aware that logs are easily faked.
- Users are responsible for their own accounts. This means that if your friend or helper uses your account in an abusive manner, we still see it as your actions.
- If you used a bot to mass attack or takeover of a channel (room), that's a rule violation.
- If you used a bot to mass attack or take back your own channel (room), if it's not obvious that it is indeed your channel, that's a rule violation.
- World Net uses server logs and backups to view user's past activity. If you claim the channel is yours, but you weren't in it last week, we obviously can't validate your claim and will find your actions abusive.
Although each individual user is very important to World Net, we reserve the right to revoke access and/or refuse access to any user. World Net also reserves the right to protect the World Net network by suspending, cancelling, denying, or revoking service from individuals that World Net deems harmful to the company and will/could cause service dedregation to the rest of the World Net customer family.
Loosely stated, World Net will protect it's systems from users that it deems to be abusive, trouble causing or problem attracting users. It's this kind of service and policy that has kept World Net quality levels at the high level they have been for years.
World Net reservices the right to modify this policy at any time in it's sole and absolute discretion.