WordPress is a CMS (Content Management System) software package installed on your hosting account, not your actual PC. Because WordPress is third-party software, it's universal in nature and is the same across all hosting companies. This makes moving your website (and content) from another host to World Net somewhat easy.
Moving your website to World Net is a process that has two basic phases : First set up WordPress on your hosted account here at World Net, and then start the move process by picking a method to follow.
Step 1. Install a fresh copy of WordPress
- You will need to know your CPANEL Login credentials for your account at World Net. CPANEL is the GUI interface used to manage your account and it's features.
- If you do not know your login/password or CPANEL URL, please contact support.
- To install WordPress, please follow our instructions here: WordPress Installation
Step 2. Migrate your website
Unfortunately in moving WordPress there is no one-click easy button - but the process doesn't require a technical degree either. Below are a few methods that give you step-by-step instructions on how to move your wordpress website. We recommend the first option, using 'Duplicator', as it's the most automated (easiest) when it works correctly.
Preparation: You must know your WordPress login/password for BOTH WordPress installations (the currrent source, and the destination). You may also need your login/password for CPANEL to use some of the tools such as PhpMyAdmin, as referenced in some of the instructions.
- Method A : WordPress's Automatic Duplicator Plugin.
Link: WordPress Duplicator
- Method B : All-In-One WP Migration : Plugin by ServMask
Link: All-In-One WP Migration by ServMask
- Method C : Manual Migration : Instructions by WPExplorer.com
Link: WPExplorer.com's WordPress Step-By-Step Move